Ugh, the dreaded Christmas season approaches.....
I hate Christmas. No not literally, but I hate trying to figure out what to get people. You know they always say "No, don't worry about it" but you really can't do that. So here I sit trying to figure out what to get people........................
I've ever been good at this, I suppose a big part of the problem has to do with my sense of practicality- I don't want to spend money on something that the person won't like or use. Everyone knows exactly what I'm talking about, the gift that you receive that you have to act pleased about and yet inside you're wondering "What the hell am I going to do with this?"
It's not just the money aspect either, it's wondering whether the recipient likes the gift or thinks you're an idiot who doesn't know anything about them and what they like.
"Has he really been paying attention to me all of these years or is he just acting like it 'cause he should know I'd never want this in a hundred years."
Besides, if the person really wanted the item, wouldn't they have bought it for themselves?
Ugh, I don't like trying to figure out what to give.
Clothes aren't that great a choice either- if you screw up and buy the wrong size you're insulting them there too.
"Wow, does he really think I'm this fat?" or
"Wow, he's really not paying attention if he thought I could fit into this"
Gift certificates always seem like such a cop-out......
"Well I really didn't want to put much thought into your gift so I just went with a gift certificate."
"Wow, this is all he spent?"
It's a no win situation in my book.
So I'm back to square one, what to get people for Christmas.
Hey, at least I get to miss all of the traffic and disgruntled shoppers.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home