Living and working as a Paramedic in Iraq.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Back on the net

Well, after a small hiatus, I am back on thet net. I got a trojan horse that corrupted some files and in removal, it took others with it. When this happend, I lost the ability to use Javascript (among other things) so I was unable to post here or other places that use this format. I seem to be back though.

First things first I suppose- Happy Holidays to everybody! I got a Clemson sweatshirt, a Bah Humbug T-shirt (I'm wearing it as I type), a fleece lined shirt, some pens, a couple Calvin & Hobbes books (I'm almost done reading one of them- I always loved Calvin and Hobbes), and some candy. Thanks to the family and my Aunt & Uncle.

We (the KBR team) won the Call of Duty tournamet again last night; we are undefeated, but the Army guys are getting much better- the first round was close, the second round they managed to beat us, but the third we came back and beat them by about 20 kills. We left the MWR around 10PM; I'm usually asleep by then. I had a hard time falling asleep last night for some reason. I lay in bed listening to the jets go thundering overhead. We found out this morning that the insurgents had attacked some of the people trying to return to their homes in Fallujah so the military attacked them back. We had a low cloud cover with rain on an off so the noises of the engines were pretty loud. No, we're not that close to Fallujah, but the jets come near us when they are attacking there making their turns, etc. We normally hear more helicopters than jets; that's something I don't miss, the sound of aircraft overhead and contrails everywhere.

The bombing in the D-Fac at Mosul caused a bit of a stir. A very successful aatck on their part, a great loss on ours. It's a fine line when you are trying to train ING to take over, trying to show them respect and everything and then something like that happens. We had a group of them in our D-Fac today eating Christmas dinner with us. You could see them looking around and I couldn't help but wonder if they thought they were being scrutinized for the Mosul attack. They seemed to enjoy the food though and all of them appeared to be friendly with their American counterparts, especially their trainers. Thinking back on it, I don't recall any of them having weapons on them though- maybe they were disarmed when they came in the gate or maybe they left them in their trucks, I don't know.

I wanted to say hey to Buddah (Mike) too- I really appreciate the dialogue!

Well let me close this out, I'm trying to reload software and the computer needs to restart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home